Lectures Series Women in Philosophy Bayreuth
Women are underrepresented in philosophy. The aim of this lecture series is to promote the visibility of women philosophers and celebrate their contribution to the discipline. The lectures also create a friendly space for the public discussion of gender inequality.
This lecture series is being funded thanks to the support of the Stabsabteilung Chancengleichheit of the University of Bayreuth.
Organisation: Prof. Dr. Alice Pinheiro Walla
The lectures will be held either in English or German and are open to everyone to attend. Join us in the discussion!
Winter Semester 2018/19
Unless stated otherwise, lectures and workshops will take place at 4:15-5:45 pm, room S6 in building GW II. All welcome!
29. January 2019
The Social Epistemology of Argumentation
- Prof. Dr. Catarina Dutilh Novaes | Amsterdam
22. January 2019
Towards a Politics of Flourishing
- Dr. Avigail Ferdman | Hebrew University of Jerusalem
05. June 2018
Revolution and Republicanism. The Women Political Philosophers of the late 18th Century and Why They Matter
- Prof. Dr. Sandrine Berges | Bilkent University, Turkey
29. May 2018
Beyond the Biofuel Hype: A Gendered Approach to Livelihood Studies
- Danielle Scheil, M.A. | Bayreuth
23. May 2018 (2-4 pm, H 27, GW II. Registration required!)
W.E.B. Du Bois' Critique of American Democracy during the Jim Crow Era: The Limitations of Rawls and Honneth
- Workshop with Dr. Elvira Basevich | University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA
14. May 2018
On Truth, Lying, and Bullshit
- Prof. Dr. Anita Leirfall | Bergen, Norway
17. April 2018
- Prof. Dr. Monika Betzler | LMU Munich
21. November 2017
Emotion and Affect in Feminist Philosophy
- Dr. Clara Fischer | University College Dublin
July 4, 2017 (18:15 - 19:45, room H 17, NW II)
Soft Option oder Karrierekiller? Feministische Philosophie, epistemische Ungerechtigkeit und akademische Praxis
- Dr. Christine Bratu | LMU Munich